Six questions you should ask your vehicle detailer
My career as a vehicle detailer started many years before I could drive a car. As a child I spent time with generations of engineers and craftsmen, learning to focus on the little things that make a big difference. Over the years my fascination with vehicles grew, and my career path seemed pretty clear. I now work throughout Hampshire and Greater London providing the finest indulgence in car care and vehicle detailing.
Since I started my business. I’ve been fortunate to be entrusted with many vehicles. Some of these have been extremely valuable, including a Ferrari 250 SWB, once owned by Steve McQueen, worth approximately $12m. Others may have been worth less in terms of monetary value, but have still been immensely valuable to their owners. We all have emotional connections with our cars, some of us even name our vehicles. So, when it comes to handing over your prized possession to a vehicle detailer, you want to be sure you select the right person for the job. To help you make that decision we thought we’d include in this post six questions you should ask before you engage a vehicle detailer.
Six questions you should ask your vehicle detailer
What do you know?
- Industry experience counts for a lot when it comes to car detailing. Be sure to check out a prospective detailer’s website for examples of their work and testimonials. More importantly, have a conversation with them. You’ll soon discover whether they know their stuff. You can find out more about me and my industry experience HERE.
What do you cost?
- Of course, you’re going to want to factor in the cost of any car detailing services into your decision making. But just like everything in life, beware ‘the cheap deal’. Any vehicle detailer worth their salt will only use reputable products and will also have to pay for their own third-party services, like insurance. So, as the old saying goes, “If it seems too good to be true… it probably is.” I can’t promise you Auto Curators will be the cheapest car detailing company you’ll find, but we will offer you results driven professional vehicle detailing and paint protection services at a fair price.
Is my car safe?
- At Auto Curators we do everything we can to protect your vehicle while it’s in our care. Our professional reputation depends on our ability to be excellent custodians of your prized posession. That said, we’re always prepared in the unlikely event of any incidents. We are comprehensively insured for all aspects of our work. Do check that your prospective car detailer has adequate levels of insurance to cover your vehicle’s worth.
What products do you use and do you stand by your work?
- If you’ve done your homework, you’ll already have an idea of who the big name product suppliers are in the detailing industry. This is definitely an occasion for ‘tried and tested’ rather than ‘experimental’. At Auto Curators we use a wide range of products to enhance and protect the appearance of your prized asset, but they are all from market leading companies. We are an authorised application centre for the outstanding Kamikaze Collection range of ceramic coatings and factory trained installers for Xpel paint protection film. We also use own Signature ceramic coat. It’s sourced directly from Japan, and offers a beautiful, durable finish, at an excellent price point. All of our top notch products combined with quality workmanship mean that we’re happy to guarantee our work.
Where do you work?
- A vehicle detailer needs to invest in their premises. Our studio in Hampshire is the ideal environment in which to carry out work on your vehicle. It gives us a work space free from extremes of temperature, interruption from rain, dust, pollen and other environmental hazards. We can control and maintain the working temperature that is necessary for the application of many of the specialist products we use. Additionally, we have a ramp that can safely and securely raise your vehicle. All that said, we can also provide a mobile service. We can bring almost everything to you. All we need access to is a regular 13amp electrical socket, and a safe working environment. Ideally, this will be a garage or carport, or dependant on prevailing weather and the service we are carrying out, a driveway with plenty of space to work in.
How can you make things more convenient for me?
- Losing your car for a day or more, is never convenient. But at Auto Curators we work with clients throughout Hampshire and Greater London and do everything we can to ensure we make your life as easy as possible. Firstly, we offer mobile services, as above. We can also include collection and delivery services. Or, we can offer a complimentary courtesy car.
Whoever you engage as your chosen vehicle detailer always ask yourself one very important question. “Am I comfortable leaving my car with this person?” At Auto Curators we’re happy to answer any of your questions simply pop by and see us, or give us a call, so we can make your car look a million dollars! Contact us HERE.